Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Well.... here it is ... Christmas time again

I have been buying presents since May, so we didn't have to shell out a ton of money all at once. I still need to buy Em's annual purse filled with goodies and that is the last thing...and, of course, groceries!

So, what are your plans for Christmas?

We will have Mexican food and open presents on Christmas Eve.

the menu

Chicken Green Chile Enchiladas
Baked Rice
Beans
Salad of lettuce, tomatoes, red onions (like taco filling stuff)
Chips and Salsa
Rum Cake
Cheesecake
Lemon Meringue pie (Christi)

I even invited my brother to come down (ain't I sweet?) and he is to  bring a 7  layer dip.

Christmas morning we will eat breakfast together before everyone scatters for the day:

Ham
Cinnamon Rolls
Fritatta
Fruit
Mimosas

Then I will collapse on the sofa and watch movies with the sweet Hubby. 

Today is December 19. On this day 19 years ago my sister died. I am going to try to make it out to her grave site sometime today... everyone is gone(working) or I would have already left. On this day    19 years ago I had a 3 month old, a 3 years old, and a 6 year old... How time flies. I still miss Trudy. I DON'T miss having babies!!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season filled with  good old memories and that you make lots of good new ones.

I love all of you and am excited to see what our new year brings... that is if we live past Friday night :)

1 comment:

Sandra said...

You are so smart to buy in advance. I say we need to do that every year, and every year I don't. Maybe this is the year!

love you!