Friday, December 07, 2012

I have finally convinced Emily that she can go to bed whenever she pleases as long as she turns off her TV and lights and goes to bed by herself. She now thinks she is so cool because she does... and her Mom also thinks she is so cool because she does this!! I have actually had several nights lately where I slept through the night. It has been 20 years or more since I slept thru the night... so, this, my friend, is miraculous to me.

The first few times it happened it kind of freaked me out... what if she needed me, what if she tried to call me and I didn't hear her... but I am beginning to be able to relax a little, knowing that she doesn't mind, she doesn't feel abandoned, it makes her feel grown-up and it just makes me sooo happy. Like last night, I went to bed at 10:30 because I was really tired from our trip. I didn't wake up until 7:30 this morning when I heard Mark leaving.

HooRay for tiny victories!!!

2 comments:

Steph said...

That's totally awesome...

Sandra said...

Very cool! It's great that you've allowed it to happen in a way that lets her feel good about it. :)