Sunday, October 14, 2012

Really?
It has been 10 months since I've been here, 10 months that we've been fretting over Emily's tongue.........geez, how time flies when you are having fun.

Late this afternoon, after making love and then taking a nap, Mark and I were down by the chicken pen. He was working on the door, making it easier for me to open and close. I was sitting in a lawn chair lending moral support; I leaned my head back and gazed at the pale blue sky and the few leaves that are starting to turn. The trees above the pen stay full of birds these days waiting to swoop down and steal food, jays mostly.  I breathed deeply and sighed contentedly, looked at my sweet husband and thought....if I could just freeze time I would. I could spend all of eternity at this age, in this place, with this man. We could raise generations of grandchildren and continue to do what we are doing right now.  Let this be my fate, my fortune, my heaven.


1 comment:

Sandra said...

Beautiful post Aola. I want that to be your fate. It makes my heart happy to think of you there staring at the sky and your husband and feeling bliss.